Robotics Research Engineer
We are searching for full-time research engineers in motion planning, perception and manipulation of robotics systems. The ideal candidate would have a graduate degree (preferably PhD) in robotics or related field, experience in motion planning/controls as applied to real-world robotics settings, and strong programming as well as analytical skills. Desirable qualifications include ROS experience and experience in working with industrial robots.
- Ph.D in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Proven robotics hardware and software architecture experience
- Knowledge and proven expertise in at least one of the fields: robot user interaction, 2D/3D Familiarity with ROS is desired
- Reconstruction and modeling, robotic computer vision.
- Good programming skills; Excellent communication skills and demonstrate a proven ability to multitask and deliver on challenging software development tasks
- The ability to develop and implement complex algorithms efficiently
- Experience working independently in a shared software implementation setting
- Solid background in robotics: kinematics, dynamics, planning, state estimation, probabilistic techniques
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications
- Machine learning experience
Osaro is a San Francisco based startup company applying deep reinforcement learning technology to next-generation robotics applications. The company is backed by some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors, including Peter Thiel, Jerry Yang and Scott Banister. Osaro has an agile team of scientists and experienced machine learning practitioners. The following full-time position is available immediately. All candidates should be willing to move to the SF Bay Area. We do not work with recruiters.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org